My first post was a picture of these cookies and a promise I would tell you how to make them. I then realised my promise was a rash one as I hadn't taken any pictures of how to do it. I have now found a spare hour or two, baked a fresh batch of sugar cookies and taken some pictures too.
- Used the smallest cookie cutter from this Wilton "From the Heart set" to cut out the cookies which are made using my usual sugar cookie recipe.
- Coloured some ready made fondant with a small amount of Wilton leaf food colouring.
- Rolled the fondant out a little less than 5mm using my 9" rolling pin with guides to get an even thickness
- I used an embossing or texture mat from the Autumn Carpenter floral texture mat set and the end of my rolling pin to emboss the pattern
- Cut out the shape of the cookie in the fondant using the same cookie cutter I used for the cookies
- Carefully lifted the fondant
- Stuck it on to a cookie using some edible glue
- I moulded some roses using the Roses Galore set by First Impressions
- Couldn't resist adding some baby pink edible glitter to the roses
- Carefully stuck these on top of the cookies
Here are the finished cookies, what do you think?