Sunday 9 February 2014

Valentine Bling Chocolate Brownies


I recently showed you these sophisticated black lace chocolate brownies that I made, today we have some more glamorous brownies, with a little more bling. Maybe quite a lot more bling? I am loving the look of these! I think they would look great as a cupcake too. 



These brownies are baked in a lovely little heart shaped pan using my favourite traditional brownie recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. You can also find the recipe here. The decoration uses a quilted effect on the palest peachy pink fondant which is then bling-ed up with gold pearls and gold painted hearts.



Baking the Brownies

These brownies start off with this lovely little tin from Wilton, when using it, I find it best to fill it a little over half full, so that the brownies rise above the tin and then you can trim them neatly down to size.


One tray of lovely fudge baked chocolate-y-ness, you can see how they have risen up and over topped their tins.



Its best to let these cool, till properly cold in their tins, as if you try and pop them out before, they are likely to break into little pieces. When completely cool and popped out, you can trim off the excess to these dinky little hearts. The lovely thing about this tin, is the domed shape it gives to the top of the brownie.


The Decoration

I used this lovely heart mould from sunflower sugar art to make the moulds and picked my three favourites to use on these brownies. They look lovely as they are, but even lovelier when painted to bring out the details.


I made the gold paint for these my mixing gold lustre dust with a little clear alcohol. What a difference a little lustre makes?


I achieve the quilted effect using this simple but effective quilting embosser from patchwork cutters.


This gives such a beautiful quilted effect, so sumptuous.


Then simply lift the fondant over one of those dinky little brownies, trim off the excess and add some gold pearls and one of the little decorated hearts.


 That's all for today
Thanks for popping by and please call again soon
Keep up with my latest creations and inspirations in all these places

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment